At Walpole Area Pre-school Ltd we have a regard for the Special Educational Needs (SEN) code of Practice (2001 & 2013) our setting aims to be inclusive to all children with special educational needs.
We do this by:
- Supporting parents & children to identify the child's specific needs and meeting those needs through a range of SEN strategies.
- Working in partnership with parents and other agencies meeting the child's individual needs.
- Monitoring and reviewing our policy, practice and provision making necessary adjustments when needs be.
- Designating a member of staff to be our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) and give their name to parents
- Ensuring that children with SEN are appropriately involved at all stages of the graduated response, taking into account their levels of ability.
- Systems are in place for working with other agencies through each stage of the Family Support Process (FSP) or local alternative, for example, Early Help Assessment, Early Years Action Plus (stage 3 of Continuum of Need), Statutory Assessment and the Statementing process (stage 4 of Continuum of Need).
- We provide resources (human and financial) to implement our Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs Policy.
- Room layouts can be rearranged to ensure freedom of movement with disabled access onto the premises.
- We offer the Pecs commutation system, pictures, signing and verbal to communicate with the children, we are also willing to contact outside agencies for additional advice to enable us to fully support the child and family.
- Our team have attended the Autistic awareness training, every child a talker training and are willing to undertake further training to support our families.
- Our senior members of staff have a wide practical knowledge of working with a variety of additional needs.
- We have a complaints procedure in place, anyone wishing to a complaint will be given the correct forms for the process, for all other matters contact the Owner Maggie Plume.
- Aim to develop our services by accessing current training and improving our knowledge base to support all families using our services.
- We accept direct payments, we offer a range of rates i.e. hourly, daily, monthly and match the method of payment to each family's needs.
To start using our service:
Parents should contact the Pre-school SENCO Maggie Plume directly, an initial meeting would benefit the family to access the child's needs and to ensure we can adapt our services to their needs.